This Weeks Challenge: Get active in 5 easy steps.
It seems like everyone we come in contact with is down about the short dark days of winter. How about we kick SAD’s (seasonal affective disorder) ass with 5 doable steps to stay active during the winter months?
- Find a group. This is better during the winter months than just one exercise partner. —That way you’ll always have company. NOTE: Laura leads a 5:30 a.m. Core Class on Tuesday and Thursdays. If you don’t live in the Hilton Head/Bluffton area, you can ask around about exercise groups near you via Facebook or talking with friends.
- Wake up early and exercise first thing in the morning. —That way you can relax and snuggle on the cold dark nights. NOTE: If it is too dark or cold to go for a run or an activity outside, experiment with home fitness activities like a bike trainer (or treat yourself like Becca did to a Peloton bike) or schedule a consult with Laura and she can design a program for you.
- Get a new workout outfit and or gear. New clothes/gear will make you feel invested in your fitness and refreshed.
- Keep your exercise program consistent. Because we are less active overall in the winter months, it’s good to go ahead and commit to daily workouts. Every Sunday, fill in your calendar with at least 5 workouts you plan on doing for the week.
- Make a weekly goal and reward yourself with something small (not food related) like a bubble bath with Epson salt, a massage, or an inexpensive exercise accessory like doTERRA’s Deep Blue rub or new running socks from Palmetto Running Company or Hilton Head Running Company (or the closest running store near you).
With this challenge, keep in mind the winter season is a time for rest, recovery and relaxation. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you do not always feel motivated to fast track your fitness, especially after the the sheen of the New Year wears off. Female IQ just wants to inspire you to stay active.
Sending U Good “Q”— Becca and Laura